Professional Support Graduate Opportunity
Emery Planning Ltd provides a full range of services including planning applications, appeals, planning appraisals and development promotion. Our clients include private individuals and national developers. We take a pragmatic approach in all that we do and have an enviable track record of positive outcomes from applications, appeals and related planning matters.
- Provide planning support for all consultants and directors including:
- Research such as policy research, online planning history and appeal searches.
- Submitting planning application and appeals.
- Drafting documents for consultants including application and appeal forms.
- Maintaining knowledge of legislation, planning policy and technical guidance
- Take and process New Enquiries, providing further information to enable allocation.
- Maintain the Consultant Library.
- Organise and prioritise work to ensure that all work is completed systematically and on time.
- Share information and ideas, help colleagues with problems and participate in team activities.
- Open to change, maintain performance in changing circumstances.
- Treat colleagues with respect and acknowledge the contribution all colleagues make to the success of the business.
- Provide clients with a professional and friendly service.
- Adhere to all Emery Planning procedures, practices, and protocols.
- Ensure work area is always tidy.
- Undertake all other duties as the business requires, in line with the responsibilities of the role, as may reasonably be requested from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Town planning related degree.
- Experience of working in the planning industry would be advantageous.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent understanding of planning history and policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- High levels of self-motivation especially when faced with challenges.
- Strong attention to detail
- Clean full driving licence (ideally).
This opportunity offers a good grounding in all aspects of planning and for the right candidate we will be looking to support them in progressing their career and chartered status.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd July 2021. If you require any further information, please email, or call 07977 578116.