We respect the privacy of our clients. The personal information we collect about you is only used to provide a better service to you. Any information that you provide is kept secure.
What kinds of data we collect about you
- Your name and address, email address and telephone numbers, correspondence, and also any other types of data you may provide to us during the course of our contract.
Why we process your data
- Fulfilling the contract you enter with us when you instruct us to act on your behalf;
- Keeping you informed;
- Complying our existing legal obligations;
- We may process your data for the purpose of our company’s legitimate interests such as:
- to keep your records for future reference, should you instruct us further after a number of years. We find that a significant portion of our clients do come back to us after a few years from the first instruction, asking for new advice on the development of their properties. However, you have a right to object to us processing your data for this purpose.
- building a knowledgebase of cases in order to provide better service to our customers.
How we collect data about you
We collect data about you either directly from you, or from a third party you have instructed to contact us.
You give us your data when you or the third party instructed by you:
- contact us for advice,
instruct us to represent you,
talk to us on the phone or in person,
send us emails or letters,
contact us through our website.
How long we will keep your data
We envisage that we will keep your data for at least 10 years after our initial contract comes to an end, i.e. we fulfil our instructions and receive payment for all our accounts.
Sharing your data with third parties
- We may share your personal data with third parties if this is necessary to progress your case in accordance with your instruction or if we need to do this in order to comply with a legal requirement. The third parties we are most likely to share your data with are planning authorities, the Planning Inspectorate, third party consultants such as architects, environmental consultants or highway consultants – if you instruct us to do so. We may also have to pass your details to our accountants for the purposes of auditing our accounts, and external IT service providers who process your data on our behalf in order to provide essential IT functionalities. We will always seek assurances from these companies that they adhere to the same strict standards of data protection as we do.
- We also share your name and email address with Mailchimp, an online marketing platform. This enables us to keep all our clients informed about changes in our policies, fees or other important updates which require sending bulk emails.
Transferring information outside of the EU
- As we use the services of Mailchimp, which is operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States, we do transfer some limited personal data about you outside the EU. You can view the Mailchimp privacy notice here.
- You have a right to object to us processing your data during our contract. However, this may mean that we will not be able to represent you and the planning outcome you seek may be impossible to obtain. We never collect excessive data and therefore if we ask you for information, it will always be strictly in relation with the work we do for you.
- You may also object to us processing your data at any point after our contract comes to an end. We will always do our best to comply with your objection. However, if we decide that we need to process your personal data for a valid reason, such as defending our interests in court or other legitimate interest of our company, we do not have to comply with your objection and may legally process the data further. We will always inform you in writing of our decision and the reasons for it.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about you. We will respond to all such requests within one month.
These are the contact details if you want to know more or exercise your rights:
By email: email@example.com
1-4 South Park Court