Policy SA1/2 of the Wyre Local Plan 2031 allocates land at Lambs Road/Raikes Road, Thornton for residential development with a capacity of 400 dwellings. The allocation extends to 19.67ha of land on the eastern edge of Thornton and construction work is currently ongoing on the implementation of the first phase of development for 157 dwellings. Aside from the delivery of housing, Policy SA1/2 also requires the delivery of a small-scale convenience store and that education and highways infrastructure should be satisfactorily addressed.
Policy SA1/2 requires the site allocation site to be brought forward in line with a Masterplan that will act as a guide for future development the site allocation. The agreed Masterplan will be a material consideration in deciding subsequent planning applications relating to the site. Key features of the draft Masterplan are:
• The delivery of open-market and affordable housing.
• Land for a new 1-form entry primary school should it be required.
• A small-scale convenience store.
• New accessible and high-quality open space and green infrastructure, including children play facilities.
• Vehicle and pedestrian access via Lambs Road and a package of off-site highway improvement works for Lambs Road and Skippool Road.
Emery Planning, on behalf of the landowner group, is now carrying out a consultation on the Draft Masterplan, which has been produced following environmental and technical assessments and report and collaboration between landowners, Wainhomes (NW) Ltd, Baxter Homes, and key stakeholders. The Draft Masterplan document and supporting technical information is available via the following links:
• Draft Masterplan document
• Illustrative Masterplan drawing
• Flood Risk and Drainage
• Topographical Survey
• Tree Survey Drawing
• Tree Survey Report
Queries should be directed to Emery Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01625 433881.
If you wish to make any representations on the Draft Masterplan, please send these by 5pm Friday 6th November 2020 to Wyre Council by email to email@example.com, or by post to Planning Policy, Civic Centre, Breck Road, Poulton-le-Fylde, Lancashire, FY6 7PU. Please be aware that is a slightly longer timeframe than would be normal in order to provide additional opportunity for people to comment on the Masterplan in light of Covid19 restrictions.
Please do not send responses directly to Emery Planning.
You can find out about the masterplanning process from https://www.wyre.gov.uk/masterplans
In formulating any response to this consultation, you may wish to give consideration to the following:
1. Do you support the Draft Masterplan? Are there elements you wish to change?
2. Do you agree with the identified considerations and opportunities? Are there any additional considerations and opportunities you think should be identified?
3. Do you support the Draft Masterplan vision and objectives? Do you have any alternative or additional wording for the vision or objectives?
4. Do you support the Draft Masterplan design principles? Do you have any alternative wording for these principles or wish to see new principles used?
5. The Draft Masterplan identifies an area of land for a new primary school and a separate area of land for a small convenience store. You may wish to consider whether or not these uses are appropriately located.
6. The Draft Masterplan establishes a Masterplan framework including proposals on:
• Access and movement
• Green infrastructure, landscape and biodiversity
Do you support the approach to these elements of the Masterplan? Do you wish to put forward alternative ways of addressing these matters?
7. The Draft masterplan establishes a series of principles designed to inform the delivery of infrastructure. Do you agree with these principles or wish to put forward alterative wording or new principles?
How your personal data will be used by Wyre council
Any personal data received by Wyre council as part of this consultation will be collected and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Wyre council Privacy Notice available at http://www.wyre.gov.uk/privacy.
In providing Wyre council with your personal data you have given consent to use your personal data for the specific purpose of developing the Masterplan (for instance to clarify comments made if necessary). These details will not be shared with any third party without additional consent. Your comments will be collected by Wyre council Planning Department and copies will be provided to Emery Planning with all personal data redacted. Wyre council will analyse comments received for the purposes of informing the Masterplan. Any comments you make may be summarised in subsequent public documents, and again, will not contain any personal data.
If you change your mind and you no longer wish for Wyre council to hold your personal data in relation to the comments you have made as part of this consultation, you may request for these to be deleted. You can do this by contacting the Wyre council Planning Policy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have your say
We would like your views on the proposals and request that all responses be returned by Monday 15th June 2020. If you wish to discuss the project please contact us using the form below to send your feedback and comments, making sure that all of the required fields are completed. If you do not want your name and address included in our report when we submit the planning application, then please let us know within your response.